The YZ450FX runs all the latest frame, suspension, engine and electronics upgrades found on the YZ450F – including the Yamaha’s exclusive smartphone tuning. We’ve developed the FX specifically for off-road competition. So as well as enduro engine and suspension settings, the FX has an 18 in rear wheel, bash plate, sealed O-ring chain, fuel level warning indicator and an aluminium side stand.
Potent Fuel-Injected Engine
A high-compression cylinder head, forged piston, aggressive cam profiles, cylinder geometry and much more work together to give YZ450FX riders the ideal power spread in challenging off-road racing conditions.
Adjustable Engine Mapping
A handlebar-mounted map switch allows the rider to quickly select between preloaded engine maps—loaded and configured in the Power Tuner app—to account for changing track and weather conditions.
Bilateral beam frame
Yamaha’s bilateral beam aluminum frame features main spars, FX-specific engine mounts and an engine mounting position that centralises mass and provides an ideal balance between cornering feel and straight-line confidence.
Compact Body and Seat Design
The YZ450FX features stylish bodywork from tip to tail, including a large 8.2 litre, mass-centralised fuel tank, the body design is narrow for more comfortable knee grip and control feeling, while the narrower and lower seat gives the rider additional room to move aboard the machine.
Yamaha Power Tuner App
Yamaha’s exclusive Power Tuner app puts the flexibility and precision tunability of the GYTR® Power Tuner into your smartphone. Make fueling and ignition timing changes instantly and upload them to the bike via the onboard WiFi system for the ultimate in track-side tuning.
- Engine Type Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, DOHC, 4-valve
- Displacement (cc) 450.0
- Bore x Stroke (mm) 97.0 x 60.9
- Compression Ratio 12.8 : 1
- Lubrication System Wet sump
- Fuel Management Fuel Injection
- Ignition TCI
- Starter System Electric
- Fuel Tank Capacity (L) 8.2
- Final Transmission Chain
- Transmission Constant mesh 5-speed
- Frame Type Bilateral beam
- Suspension Front Telescopic forks, 310mm travel
- Suspension Rear Swingarm (link suspension), 317mm travel
- Brakes Front Hydraulic single disc, 270mm
- Brakes Rear Hydraulic single disc, 245mm
- Tyres Front 80/100-21 51M
- Tyres Rear 120/90-18 65M
- Length (mm) 2175
- Width (mm) 825
- Height (mm) 1270
- Seat Height (mm) 955
- Wheelbase (mm) 1480
- Ground Clearance (mm) 320
- Wet Weight (kg) 116