This purpose built enduro racer is built for riding in the bush – fast. Developed as an off-road version of the YZ250F, this cross country racer is equipped with enduro optimised engine and suspension settings.
Rearward slanted engine
Featuring Yamaha’s revolutionary front-intake, rear-exhaust, liquid-cooled, DOHC four-stroke engine, there’s also a six-speed, wide-ratio transmission, and a new heavy-duty large diameter clutch delivering enhanced durability.
Bilateral beam frame
The new bilateral beam frame features forged sections at the swingarm pivot and engine mounting brackets to provide a nimble lightweight feeling in tight technical terrain while still providing control in fast sections.
All-new bodywork is more compact than ever, to ease the rider’s movement across the machine in tough terrain. The fuel tank now provides 8.2 litres of fuel with a larger fuel cap opening, and the graphics are still embedded in the body moldings for long-lasting good looks.
Smartphone Power Tuner App
Power is controlled by Yamaha’s exclusive smartphone Power Tuner app that puts precision tunability in the rider’s hands. A handlebar-mounted button switches between two preselected engine maps on the fly.
Yamaha’s class leading KYB suspension ensures maximum control and traction. The fully adjustable spring-type forks with speed-sensitive damping, and rear shock with large 50mm piston have been thoroughly tested and tuned for cross country racing.
Cross County Features
With the electric starting system, a 8.2L fuel tank, rugged plastic skid plate, 18-inch rear wheel and XC racing tyres, the YZ250FX is ready to win right out of the box.
- Engine Type Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, DOHC, 4-valve
- Displacement (cc) 250.0
- Bore x Stroke (mm) 77.0 x 53.6
- Compression Ratio 13.8 : 1
- Lubrication System Wet sump
- Fuel Management Fuel Injection
- Ignition TCI
- Starter System Electric
- Fuel Tank Capacity (L) 8.2
- Final Transmission Chain
- Transmission Constant mesh 6-speed
- Frame Type Bilateral beam
- Suspension Front Telescopic forks, 310mm travel
- Suspension Rear Swingarm (link suspension), 317mm travel
- Brakes Front Hydraulic single disc, 270mm
- Brakes Rear Hydraulic single disc, 245mm
- Tyres Front 80/100-21 51M Tube type
- Tyres Rear 110/100-18 64M Tube type
- Length (mm) 2175
- Width (mm) 825
- Height (mm) 1270
- Seat Height (mm) 955
- Wheelbase (mm) 1480
- Ground Clearance (mm) 320
- Wet Weight (kg) 111