Covers come off much anticipated adventure model at EICMA. Yamaha's in-depth off road expertise is beyond doubt. Now the time has come to re-establish Yamaha as a leading force in the adventure segment with the introduction of the all-new Ténéré 700.Equipped with the successful CP2 689cc parallel-twin engine and a completely new chassis, the lightweight no compromise adventure bike Ténéré 700 is designed to deliver class-leading handling and agility in the dirt - combined with high speed long distance performance on the road - making it extremely capable in New Zealand conditions.
Key technical features
• High-torque 689cc 4-stroke CP2 parallel-twin engine
• New lightweight double cradle tubular steel frame
• Slim, compact and ergonomic body and seat
• Aggressive rally-bred face with four LED headlights and two LED position lights
• Adjustable long-travel 43mm upside down forks with 210mm travel
• Remotely adjustable link-type rear suspension with 200mm travel
• Compact rally style cockpit with tapered handlebars
• 21-inch/18-inch lightweight spoked wheels with adventure tyres
• Slim long-range fuel tank with 16-litre capacity for 350km+ range
• Compact rally-style multi-function instruments
• Switchable ABS for on the fly adjustment
• Screen and handguards give good rider protection
The new Ténéré 700 will be available late 2019 at Australian and NZ Yamaha dealers in Ceramic Ice, Competition White and Power Black. RRP is TBA
Yamaha genuine accessories
Yamaha has developed a full range of genuine accessories that enable customers to build their very own Ténéré 700 with a look, feel and specification. Matching Yamaha adventure apparel will also be available.
Check out the Ténéré 700 movie below and get set to expand your horizon...
Ténéré 700 Specifications
Engine type 2-Cylinder, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 4-valves Displacement 689 cm³ Bore x stroke 80.0 mm x 86.6mm Compression ratio 11.5 : 1 Lubrication system Wet sump Clutch type Wet, Multiple Disc Ignition system TCI Starter system Electric Transmission system Constant mesh 6-speed Frame Double cradle steel tube Front suspension Telescopic forks, 210mm travel Rear suspension Swingarm - link type suspension, 200mm travel Front brake Hydraulic single disc, 282mm Rear brake Hydraulic single disc, 245mm Front tyre 90/90-21 54V Rear tyre 150/70-18 70V Overall length 2365 mm Overall width 915 mm Overall height 1455 mm Seat height 880 mm Wheel base 1590 mm Min ground clearance 240 mm Wet weight (including full oil and fuel tank) TBA Fuel tank capacity 16 L Colours Ceramic Ice, Competition White, Power Black Warranty 24 months, parts and labour RRP TBA Availability Late 2019