Yamaha Motor New Zealand is pleased to announce new winning MX models that offer even more reasons to join the bLU cRU. The 2019 YZ250F and YZ85/LW are both all new and will soon be available to customers eager to enter the victorYZone.
Tune. Race. Win. The Yamaha YZ250F.The 2019 YZ250F is fresh from the ground up. Not content with dominating the national race scene in Australasia, the factory has specced the new YZ250F with an all-new engine, new frame, new bodywork and features never before seen in the 250cc class - such as smart phone tuning.
The new 2019 YZ250F features race winning technology now enhanced with:
- Smart phone tuning system – use your iphone to change engine and fuel settings and check diagnostics
- Electric starter system with ultra-lightweight lithium battery
- New engine with higher-compression piston and new intake and exhaust valves delivers more top-end power
- Engine cylinder is also lighter and angled more upright to improve mass-centralisation
- Enhanced cooling with larger and repositioned radiators
- Two-mode adjustable engine mapping
- Lighter gears and selector drum with larger-diameter clutch to boost reliability even further&
- Larger upper frame bracing improves rigidity and durability, while wider rear frame spars and all-new engine mounts centralise mass for the best possible balance of bump absorption, stiffness and feeling of grip
- Updated class -leading KYB suspension settings to match the updated frame and engine layout
- New compact body and seat design
- Enhanced mass centralisation with engine, aluminium muffler and more compact fuel tank positioned close to the machine's centre
- Large 270mm front brake
- Lighter wheels
- Adjustable four-position handlebar mounts
- Fresh embedded graphics, blue rocker cover
- Simplified servicing with tool-less access to the air filter
Victory. Never Given, Always Earned. The Yamaha YZ85.The first step on the bLU cRU ladder has been sensationally catered for by the recently released YZ65. Now riders moving up from that first step will be treated to an all new YZ85/LW.
Like the YZ250F, the 2019 junior MX race model is all new from the ground up - and the winning two-stroke is now fitted with Yamaha’s YPVS power valve system to improve performance. Plus many of the new YZ85 parts are interchangeable with the smaller YZ65, making the step up even less hassle for your young gun’s mechanic and sponsor – also known as dad.
The new 2019 YZ85 is now fitted with a new engine complete with revised intake, exhaust and transmission. And new front forks, new swingarm, new wave-style brake rotors, adjustable ergonomics and more - ready to win races straight off the dealership floor.
Here is what the new YZ85 features:
- All-new YPVS equipped two-stroke engine delivers broad tractable power across the rev range without losing peak power at high rpm
- New crankcase, intake and expansion chamber for improved gas flow and enhanced power delivery
- Revised transmission provides improved gear engagement and smoother shifts
- New lightweight high capacity radiator
- High-flow airbox ensures excellent air cleaning performance and easy maintenance
- New lightweight 36mm KYB inverted cartridge fork features new settings and new lower fork guards provide protection
- Fully adjustable shock with progressive linkage-type design features updated settings for improved bump absorption and bottoming resistance
- Redesigned swingarm features a new composite chain guide as well as updated chain adjusters for easier maintenance
- Lightweight subframe is removable to allow easy maintenance
- New front brake line improves braking feel, while wave-style brake discs offer improved self-cleaning and cooler-running performance
- Lightweight wheels
- Lightweight rims are durable and reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance
- New for Dunlop knobbies provide exceptional traction on a variety of tracks and terrain
- New four-position adjustable rider ergonomics
- New four-position adjustable handlebar mounts and taper-style handlebars allow the rider to tune the handlebar position to suit their size and preferences. The flat fuel tank, radiator shrouds, side panels and rear fender provide generous freedom of movement.