Win a Yamaha Repower for your boat
Win a Yamaha Repower for your boat – entries open from June 1 to July 31, 2022
Is your beloved boat in dire need of some TLC and a new beating heart? If so, then we’d would love to hear from you!
We’re launching the #ImRepoweringWithYamaha competition, where we will choose one lucky boat owner to receive a NEW outboard motor, rigged and installed on their boat all for FREE!
Yes, that’s right, we will take your boat and fit it with the latest Yamaha four-stroke engine best suited for your boat.
Their technical experts will come up with the best combination of engine, rigging, controls, and propeller to allow you many more magic moments with the utmost confidence and reliability.
We’ll be looking for a boat - any make, model or size, currently with any branded two-stroke or four-stroke outboard on the back. If you fit the criteria, here’s how to enter to win a Yamaha Re-Power for your boat.
- Simply submit a selfie video of you and your boat telling the Yamaha judging panel who you are, where you’re from, and a bit about your boat – the name, make, likes/dislikes about it, outboard, hours etc.
- Most importantly, tell the Yamaha judging panel why you’d like to re-power your boat with a Yamaha outboard - Video submissions should be up to 2 mins in length.
- Post your selfie video to the Yamaha Marine NZ Facebook page and be sure to tag @yamahamarinenz and include the hashtag #ImRepoweringWithYamaha
There can be only one lucky boat, but for those that don’t win you can follow the entire repower process via a video series with guest appearances and technical experts sharing their thoughts and extensive knowledge along the way.
So if you’re tired of praying the ol’ girl will start when launching at the ramp, or your servicing and fuel costs are becoming a drag, enter the #ImRepoweringWithYamaha competition.
Check out the videos to the right on what you need to enter and how to post your entry correctly via Facebook.
Having trouble uploading via desktop? Check out the video guide on uploading through Facebook here.
I'm Repowering With Yamaha
YAMAHA MOTOR NEW ZEALAND LTD. (NZBN 170322)
“”I’m Re-Powering with Yamaha " COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The promoter is Yamaha Motor New Zealand Ltd. (NZBN 9429040177113) (“Yamaha”) of 58 Lady Ruby Drive, East Tamaki, Auckland , New Zealand.
2. The competition is “I’m Re-Powering with Yamaha” and runs independent of any other Yamaha branded competition.
3. By entering the I’m Re-Powering with Yamaha competition, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
4. The method for entry is as follows:
a. entrants must post a video of themselves (up to 2 minutes in length) on social media (Facebook or Instagram):
i. stating who they are and where they are from;
ii. describing their boat (Boat) (e.g. name, make, likes/dislikes, outboard, hours); and
iii. explaining why they would like a “Yamaha Re-Power”; and
b. entrants must tag @yamahamarinenz, include the hashtag #ImRepoweringWithYamaha, and upload their video submission to the @yamahamarinenz Facebook or Instagram page.
5. Only one submission per entrant will be accepted.
Eligibility to Enter
6. This competition starts on Wednesday, 1 June 2022 and the closing date for submissions will be 11:59pm on Sunday, 31 July 2022 (NZST). After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted. Yamaha will not be held responsible for entries not received for whatever reason.
7. For an entrant to be eligible to enter and win:
a. the entrant must be:
i. a New Zealand resident;
ii. 18 years or older;
iii. the owner of the Boat; and
iv. the owner of a trailer that can safely transport the Boat (Trailer); and
b. the Boat must be registered and in good, sea-worthy condition; and
c. the Trailer must be registered and in good, road-ready condition.
Yamaha reserves the right to request proof of eligibility from the entrant for the purposes of this competition, including but not limited to inspecting the Boat and Trailer upon providing the entrant with reasonable prior notice.
8. The prize is one (1) Yamaha Outboard Re-Power package that includes a new single Yamaha four-stroke outboard, propeller, rigging, controls, and gauges worth up to a maximum total value of NZD$60,000 including GST] (Prize).
9. In relation to the Prize, all entrants acknowledge and agree that:
a. the specific outboard, propeller, rigging, controls and gauges forming the Prize will be determined by Yamaha in its sole discretion upon selection of the winner; and
b. the Prize will be installed by Yamaha or by an authorised Yamaha dealer as determined by Yamaha in its sole discretion.
Terms and conditions for the Winner
10. Entrants acknowledge and agree that if they win this ‘I’m Re-powering with Yamaha’ competition, they must retain ownership of the Boat to until 31 December 2022.
11. Entrants acknowledge and agree that if they win this ‘I’m Re-powering with Yamaha’ competition, they must cooperate with all of Yamaha’s reasonable directions to enable Yamaha and/or Yamaha’s authorised dealer to install the Prize on the Boat, which includes but is not limited to allowing Yamaha and/or its authorised dealer to:
a. take possession of the Boat as required to install the Prize; and
b. utilise the Trailer for the purpose of transporting the Boat as and when required.
12. Entrants acknowledge and agree that if they win this ‘I’m Re-powering with Yamaha’ competition, from the date they are announced as the winner to until 31 December 2022, they must make themselves and the Boat available to be recorded and must actively participate in all such recordings in any form of media (whether photographs, voice recordings, visual moving images or otherwise) for Yamaha’s (or any of its related entities) marketing, promotional, advertising, merchandising or other commercial purpose (Content). This includes, but is not limited to, actively participating in Yamaha’s 6 to 8 episode series documenting this competition.
13. All intellectual property rights created in connection with any Content created by or on behalf of Yamaha will vest in Yamaha. By entering this competition, the entrants unconditionally assign to Yamaha all rights and intellectual property rights in and to such Content and their contribution to such Content, free of any encumbrance and security interest and without need for further assurance on creation and to the extent that any intellectual property rights are not created at the time of creation of such Content, upon the later creation of those rights.
14. Entrants irrevocably and unconditionally consent to Yamaha, its related entities, its successors in title, and licensees doing any act or omission in relation to the Content which would otherwise infringe their moral rights throughout the world.
15. Nothing in these terms and conditions restricts Yamaha or any of its related entities from the continued use of the Content for marketing, promotional, advertising, merchandising or other commercial purpose following the completion of this competition.
General terms and conditions
16. The winner will be judged by Yamaha at the sole discretion of Yamaha representatives. Judging will take place at 10:00am on Monday 1 August 2022 at 58 Lady Ruby Drive, East Tamaki, Auckland, New Zealand. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. All entries must be an independent creation by the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third-party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win Prizes in any other competitions.
17. The winner will be announced on Yamaha’s Facebook and Instagram page and the Yamaha website on Tuesday 2 August 2022 with the winner notified via their social media account within two (2) business days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the Prize within fourteen (14) days of notification, Yamaha reserves the right to withdraw the Prize from the winner and select a replacement winner. Any such redraw will be made from the remaining entrants and will take place at 10:00am on 15 August 2022 at 58 Lady Ruby Drive, East Tamaki, Auckland , New Zealand. The name of any resulting winner and city/town of residence will be published on Yamaha’s Facebook and/or Instagram page and the Yamaha website. Any redraw Prize winner will be notified within two (2) business days of the redraw via their social media account.
18. By entering this competition, entrants acknowledge that the submitted video and wordings are the entrant's original work. Yamaha reserves the right to moderate and remove any submissions deemed offensive or against Yamaha’s safety policies.
19. All entrants agree that Yamaha may use their submitted video and their name and image in any marketing, promotional, advertising, merchandising or other publicity material and grant Yamaha an exclusive, irrevocable, transferable, royalty-free license to use their submitted video, and their name, character, photographs, and likeness in connection with the competition and for marketing, promotional, advertising and merchandising purposes. Entrants expressly waive any claim to compensation for such use.
b. disclose the entrant’s personal information to Yamaha’s authorised dealers who may contact the entrant to enquire whether they wish to re-power their boat outside of this competition, and for other promotional purposes.
By entering this competition, all entrants consent to how Yamaha will handle and use their personal information.
21. Save that nothing in these terms and conditions limits or excludes Yamaha’s (or any third party’s) liability arising from fraud or from death or personal injury caused by negligence (in contract or tort) or any other type of liability which may not be limited or excluded by law, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Yamaha and its agents, related entities, and contractors:
a. shall have no liability in relation to any act or omission including those of any third party; and
b. exclude all liability to any entrants and anyone else for any:
i. indirect or consequential loss, damage or harm of any kind or death or personal injury arising from or in connection with this competition and the Prize and the entrant’s use or enjoyment of it; and
ii. additional costs to the winner associated with the Prize, including any tax implications that may arise as a result of winning.
22. In no event will Yamaha’s or any of its related entities, agents, or contractors total aggregate liability to any entrant exceed the value of the Prize as set out in these terms and conditions.
23. The Prize or part thereof is not transferable and not redeemable for cash or other services.
24. Yamaha’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
25. Employees of Yamaha or their family members, subsidiaries, Yamaha dealerships, or any parties connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition will not be eligible to enter the competition.
26. Yamaha reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of Yamaha’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by Yamaha.
27. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook or any other social network. All entrants are providing their information to Yamaha and not to any other party. By entering the competition entrants agree from time to time to receive promotional material from Yamaha.
28. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of New Zealand and entrants agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts in New Zealand.
29. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions
30. Yamaha reserves the right to refuse awarding any prize to any entrant who Yamaha, at its absolute discretion, determines has:
a. breached these terms and conditions; or
b. does something to bring Yamaha or its related entities into disrepute; or
c. did not validly qualify to enter the competition; or
d. Fails to follow Yamaha’s reasonable instructions.
31. In the event the Prize become unavailable for any reason beyond Yamaha control, Yamaha may, at is absolute discretion, substitute the Prize for other prizes of equal or greater value.