Yamaha In New Zealand
Since its founding in 1955, Yamaha Motor has created new frontiers with our spirit of challenge as the driving force
Yamaha Motor in New Zealand was initially imported and distributed by private companies, principally Moller Yamaha Ltd., from the 1960’s until June 2001.
Initially based at New Plymouth, Moller Yamaha moved to purpose-built facilities at Mt Wellington, Auckland in 1987. This was the first time in the history of Yamaha in New Zealand that all Yamaha Motor Co. products were centrally managed, along with a comprehensive dealer network.
From June 2001, Yamaha Motor New Zealand was officially incorporated by Yamaha Motor Company and in 2003, all central operations were moved to their new and current location at East Tamaki Auckland, where they still conduct business today.
In 2002 Yamaha Motor New Zealand officially launched Yamaha Motor Finance New Zealand to provide in-house wholesale and retail finance for its dealer network. A ground-breaking move well ahead of its time.
Over the past decade, Yamaha has continued to successfully introduce new products to the marketplace. It has always met market demand by offering better quality, higher performance products that fully utilise Yamaha's advanced technology.
The coveted Yamaha logo now adorns a wide range of recreational and industrial products, including motorcycles, scooters, ROVs, snowmobiles, outboard marine engines, personal watercraft, unmanned helicopters, golf cars, go-kart engines, power generators, water and sludge pumps, industrial engines and much more.